The Congregation of the Daughters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was founded in 1831 by St. Teresa Verzery and Msgr Gusepe Benaglio, at Bergamo, Italy. Its aim is to witness the Boundless Charity of the Heart of Jesus in a concrete way through the Pastoral Apostolate in Parishes, Educational works, Social work, Youth Animation, Openness towards the msisssion where the people have not yet come to the knowledge of Christ and responding the needs of the place and time. Their first community was established in Kerala on 1980.
In 1980 a small group of Indian sisters who belong to the syro-Malabar church, formed in Italy and began the Institute at Kudamaloor in Kerala under Changanassery Archdiocese and started the formation. Now they have 11 communities – formation houses and apostolic communities.